We were founded as steamship agents at the Port of Wilmington, North Carolina November 17, 1945. The company's activities grew steadily in the following years. During February 1954 we expanded to the Port of Morehead City, North Carolina, forming Morehead City Shipping Company. This enabled us to offer full services to all our principals at both North Carolina State Ports.
In 1985 we acquired Chestnut Enterprises, expanding our services as an off-port container depot providing full container and chassis maintenance and repair services.
In 1987 we further expanded our services by establishing East Carolina Bonded Warehouse which is a bonded warehouse and container freight station facility located in Wilmington, North Carolina in close proximity to the port area.
We are a leader in the industry because of the high caliber and stability of our employee work force. Our reputation is built on excellent performance, financial stability, innovative thinking and old fashioned hard work. We will continue to carry on with this tradition in the future.